bkgrnd

Monday, September 26, 2011

ranger ride II

We headed up the east side of Harrison Lake on a logging road past Bear Creek.  We enjoyed the GORGEOUS scenery - the lake was very turquoise! and the ride.  We built a fire on the rocky beach and roasted sausage and hot dogs for a gourmet supper.  After watching the sun set, we headed back.  It was a wonderful evening.  We had a friend along from Alberta - Jan, who enjoyed quadding in a place other than a field :) 


 Breathtaking waterfalls - the shadows hide the middle.  The temperature dropped 10 degrees every time we rode past one of these!

 Enjoying the ride :D

 Testing the water...
 and enjoying the beach, rocks and logs...


 Picnic suppers always taste yummy
 The water wasn't too bad so she went 'swimming' in her clothes...I had brought her swimsuit but by the time I took it out, she was already thoroughly soaked :)
 Brynlie also got an impromptu bath, as she got filthy crawling around...she wasn't a fan of the bath, but she fell asleep on the ride back, so it was easy to put her to bed this way.
 How many layers of mountains can you count?!
 Clean and enjoying her bottle - notice the 'strap' to keep her in the chair ?!

 A couple of posed shots before the sun disappeared and we headed back




 A beautiful end to a fun afternoon
Thanks for reading - comments always welcome :)

2 comments:

janna maljaars said...

I love the beautiful scenery. I think I need a turn!! Or am I too old. Love Mom

Curtis said...

So this is the toy! Nice :).
Been meaning to catch up on the blog, a nice break! See you all tomorrow!