bkgrnd

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sir Hiss

We had the privilege of studying one of God's smaller creatures for the past few days.  At work on Thursday, Dave D caught a garter snake which Brian delivered to us in an empty Tim Hortons cup, lid firmly closed.  This little guy became our pet until today.  Chelsie was excited to bring him to preschool to show her friends.  We researched his habitat needs, food needs (small worms),

and enjoyed (mostly) watching him for several days.  As Chelsie aptly put it, "Sir Hiss makes Mommy a little nervous."  (It was more his acrobatics up the side of his container that made me nervous.) 







 This afternoon we set him free, as we all agreed he would live more happily in the backyard than in his small sour key container.  Enjoy the pictures.

3 comments:

Leanne O said...

fun, fun, fun!!! Wish we would have stopped by!

Krista said...

Wow you are a very brave Mom! I think I would be more than nervous about having something like that too close by......

Looks like Chelsie sure enjoyed her pet for a few days, and good for you for making it into a teaching opportunity! I guess the teacher in you really never goes too far away does it?

Michelle said...

There was a day, long ago, that I too collected and played with snakes. Those days are oh so long over:)