bkgrnd

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We could always paint 2

A little elbow grease
A needy project
Some serious spray paint
some sading
more spray paint
a beautiful transformation.
This is round 2 of "we could always paint..." 
Thanks to Willy for the  gentle reminder to get these up!

This hope chest I bought  at the thrift store to use as a toy box.  With all the dress up clothes and doll paraphernalia stuffed in this one, I may need to keep looking for a second and third one :D

 




My dad came by one night and said, "I have something for you."
My interest was piqued... "what?"
"A donkey."
"huh??"
LOL
And here she came...in all of her sadness.
This concrete donkey is Oma's and is VERY heavy!  She was looking a little said and Dad thought I could revive her.  It was quite the project - I've never painted an animal before ;)  She was complete with concrete cart and wheels, all badly weathered.




 So I did what I could...here she is loaded in my trunk heading back to Oma's.  I really should take my camera to her house for a picture now that these flowers have cascaded all over the basket!




A quicker project were these beautiful chairs.  Some given, some thrifted, all painted a beautiful gray to make a set with a black table.  They turned out fabulous and are being used regularly :)

Finally, this beauty.  This $25 (!!) dresser took WAY more hours than planned.  She did NOT want to be painted.  But we perservered and won in the end...I think!  This solid wood beast went to Willetta's home to be used as her new dresser :)  [Remember last time we had found and painted her headboard?]  Her old dresser matches Chelsie's headboard and will be refreshed before moving upstairs to Chelsie's room.

 We added new hardware and some chunky legs to completely change her look - what do you think??  The vase to the right was an awful brown and gold creation which looked quite fabulous painted to match.

And of course, there are several more projects in the works already :)  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Willetta said...

She says "we" did the dresser, but really SHE did the amazing job on the dresser... THANKS :)

Melis said...

Those chairs are fabulous and are well loved. You guys will have to come for dinner and try them out ;)

Melis said...

PS Does your basement want another project? I have one waiting for a rainy day ;)