This Thanksgiving I'm especially thankful that God has given me two different friends.
One is my husband. It was his idea to go hiking on Thanksgiving Day, as we had dinner on Sunday this year. And not just hiking, but hiking Mt Cheam, in October. An unreal kind of hike, made possible by the blessing of our amazing weather this year!
The other is Melissa, my best friend, who offered to take the girls while we went hiking. Brian's 5 hours turned into 8.5...and they were all still having fun when we returned :). Thank you, Meliss!! The pictures say it all - they were delighted to pick apples, wash the car, build a fort, hang out with Mrs S, mix brownies, nap in Uncle P's house, and of course eat brownies :). It was very special to hear that they'd had such a wonderful day while we enjoyed hiking in the most amazing fall colours I've ever seen!! I hope your Thanksgiving Day was one to be thankful for :) Enjoy.
And while they were busy here...we were busy here:
Did I mention the colours??!
Only God could create something this beautiful! I was in awe as we hiked and said quite a few times, "Oh wow! Look at these colours!!"
At the top overlooking our valley :)
While a bit hazy (maybe dust?), the view was still incredible. The wispy clouds created their own landscape :)
Go find something to find God's beauty in :) Enjoy your day. LM

















2 comments:
The colours are amazing,and I will gladly babysit your munchkins any time, they were excellent helpers and highly entertaining.
love Melis
stunning pictures. Brian is a keeper for having suggested that!
Those two littles sure looked like they had buckets of fun :)
Post a Comment