bkgrnd

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Of rainbows and springtime

 I LOVE spring!  Warning: this is a picture heavy post!

We've been enjoying the promise of spring...today i'm looking out the window at a stunning day, but we've also had a lot of rain :)  A new season to remind us of God's faithfulness to us :)
what's been going on...
taking a moment to enjoy the colours...
 story time...notice the beautiful backyard? ;)
We went for a drive and found snow up past Hope.  LOTS of snow - knee deep!
 After attempting to walk a ways in it (which proved difficult)
 we opted for the next best thing...a garbage bag 'sled'
 HILARIOUS but also not very successful!
 After turning around we enjoyed some play time by Kawkawa Lake
swing time
 monkey time
 snuggle time
 dizzy time
 peaceful time
 And as we took the highway exit home, we saw this...and stopped to watch :)
 successful landing!
 Our hummingbirds are VERY busy, visiting all day long, sometimes fighting over the feeder.  It's become my new challenge to wait quietly and get a good picture of the little guys :)
 What says spring better than tulips?
 Round 2...helped me remember to wash this window ;)
 These two get along fabulously.  LOVE seeing them snuggled, playing, etc.  Lana's smile is quickest for this special sister of hers :)
 I was brought a gift - who can resist??
 Then one afternoon we spent some time in the MUD, turning our yard from brown to green.  It's still VERY wet, so I'm hoping several days of sun will help it dry out.  It's definitely growing quickly already!

 
 While we slogged in the mud, the three little ladies enjoyed Richard Scary.

 I love this picture - she reminds me of a mushroom :D
 More tulips...we enjoyed the rainbow of the tulip festival...neither girl was too interested in getting pictures taken...
 so we ended up with some of these lol :)  just keeping it real!
 We enjoyed searching for 'lost' tulips...
 picked out our favorite colours of the rainbow

 and 'checked for bugs' inside them ;)  Works every time!
 Chelsie attempted the heavy camera and got this picture :D  I guess I should be glad my head is in there?!



 and one last stop for puddle reflections :)
If you made it this far, a couple of Brynlie quotes of late:
Late last night, after sleeping a couple of hours already..."Daddy, my nose won't smell!"  Apparently she's getting a cold :)






This morning as I did her hair..."I like cute little buns."  Me too, my dear!

And the most hilarious thing I'd seen this week was her outside yesterday, trying to get a drink from the hose...unfortunately for her, the nozzle has one squirt speed - FAST, and she didn't realize she should take it off first.  I've never laughed so hard as she looked completely shocked that the water felt like it would come out the back of her neck and her face and shirt were soaked too!  :)
Hope your day is a happy one!

No comments: