bkgrnd

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Radium Hot Springs

We crossed the continental divide (fun being split in half) on our trip.  
After Lake Louise, we came to Radium Hot Springs, ready to enjoy some relaxing in the hot springs pools :).  We hiked around the campground after dinner, tried out this cabin's adirondeck chair, and enjoyed a few minutes at a playground.





The following morning, we spent a couple of hours enjoying the pool.  This was the road to the pool - pretty neat!  The hot pool was a great temperature, and there was also a cooler pool for swimming in and cooling off. 


Big horn sheep were on the mountain beside the pool - what beautiful creatures!



Our plans had been to continue towards home from here, but we instead turned around, hoping the truck would be fixed, and headed back past the icefields to Jasper.  As we left Radium, we saw these three enjoying a morning snack from the trees.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a trip. I have never been there and these pictures are making me think I've got to add it to my places to see list. Looks like you had a great family adventure:)

Leanne O said...

you, my dear, might take time between posts but the pictures you post make the wait worth it!!! So Beautiful!! I'm thinking I'm becoming a stow away for your next adventure ;) (because the pictures that aren't stunning creation just look like fun - for example, if I come along I can help push Brian!)