bkgrnd

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All in a day's work


The work continues...
I spent several days last week at our new house, painting, cleaning, and getting things done.

On Saturday, I was VERY VERY thankful for a helper :) We painted all of the window and corner trim boards for outside...

My dear helper also brought Starbucks...Chelsie enjoyed her first 'kids hot chocolate' a whole lot!
Look at what we accomplished! THANKS, Meliss!
Work was broken up by lunch time, chatter time for Chelsie :),

and snuggle time!
Very happy to have such a happy picture of me with my little ladies :)


While we worked in the basement, things were happening upstairs too...the painters took a couple of days to paint the whole house (how I wish I could do it that fast!)and these guys were putting up trim, between conversations about how math is taught to kids these days :) If you could see that sheet of plywood, it has quite the mathematical explanation of today's learning techniques!!
And outside, painting was also getting done...


A closer shot of my hardworking man :)

So, things continue to progress :) We look forward to moving in hopefully before Christmas! Hope you can come visit sometime! I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Brody and Carolyn said...

Thanks for the update sis.
Love the pictures of the snuggles, as well as the broader view of the house. It helps us with our "mental visuals". We wish we could visit you at Christmas. Who knows? ;)

Michelle Vandepol said...

love the house pics -- it's beautiful :) melis was saying how much she loved the day too -- like one giant coffee date :)

Robert-Sandra said...

Wow - your house looks awesome! I can't wait to see it 'live'! Melissa just amazes me at how much she fits into her life and it was probably tons of fun to work together on this...that's what friends are for!