Sometimes to bird, you don't even have to leave the house. This was backyard birding at it's best - and quite a surprise for us!
Tonight as we sat down to supper, something odd caught my eye down in the backyard. I looked twice to make sure it was what I thought..."Um, Brian, there's an OWL in our backyard!!" This Great Horned Owl was hanging out on the border of the wetland covenanted area of our backyard. The birds in the bushes behind him were putting up quite a ruckus!
Enjoy the pictures. He looks like he's half asleep as he checks out the people checking him out!
Through the binos as he turned around
He liked these fence posts. When he finally left the noisy crows behind, he flew to a branch, then another post further away.

1 comment:
I added him to the Fraser Valley Bird List for July.
Post a Comment