
Well, it's good to be home. Our trip was extended by a day because of the amount of work to be done yet, so we didn't get home until Thursday afternoon around 4...Needless to say, I had a lot to do today! But it was a nice mini work-vacation. The pictures

show a bit of what we did up there. Brian, Trav and Britt started Monday when we arrived. The plan was to extend the loft in the ski lodge over half of the open space. As well, the major portion of the loft was closed in to become a room. The kids of the family sleep up there and the noise from the adults below wasn't working out so well.

So...before pictures (the wall's already framed but you get the open concept. The railing is also missing as Paul had already taken it down). The picture on the right is the dining room/kitchen (see the stove). You see that there's nothing above the kitchen...

when we left, the kitchen had a pine ceiling and the floor above was laminated - quite the difference!
And after pictures...it was fun living in a work environment - lots of dust and mess, but we survived it. I cleaned up every day, doing vacuuming, some dusting, washing a couple of the filthier windows (like the patio doors onto the porch where the saws were). My chief role was feeding 3 and later 4 hungry, working guys. (They ate a lot!)
Besides working, we also enjoyed being up at Apex. We skiied a couple of hours each day...I would go out while Chelsie slept in the morning and the guys went out on Tuesday and Wednesday after lunch until the lifts closed at 3:30. Then they'd go back to w

ork. I was hoping to take Chelsie out on one of their sleds to go exploring, but we were out for 5 minutes when the sled tipped, Chels got a f

ace full of snow, and there was a definite 'no more, thanks Mom' after that! After that, her two favourite activities were sleeping (not quite 100% yet) and playing on the couches. I did go hiking on my own on Monday - should have skiied, but I learned that the hard way. Apex is pretty high in elevation, so I quickly got winded! We had beautiful weather all 3 days we were there, so the skiing was fabulous, the snow was gorgeous, and I'd love to go back! My opinion of Apex has changed...last time we went, it was -40, snowing, blowing and miserable. This time round it was perfect - and a great mountain for skiing too ;) Enjoy the pictures! (If you look closely, Britt is waving from our unit!) ~LPM
2 comments:
Wow, what a busy week! The sceanery looks beautiful :)
mmh...looks like fun, reminds me of Whistler, except for the snow, and the crazy loud people, oh that would be us.. he he...
Post a Comment