bkgrnd

Friday, May 7, 2010

Pink!

Our little girl is growing up! Besides the 'magic' potty training, she is sleeping in a 'big girls bed' now. This bed's been passed down from my mom and Auntie Jody (there are 2 matching), then to Willetta and myself and now on to this small girlie. Maybe she'll follow the trend and get a little sister to someday share a room with! The bed may get re-vamped in the next year, but I'll let you know if that happens (you can see Brian sanded down one corner of the headboard ;)) Twin bedding was needed, so we found a nice girly set for this little princess. Brian new this was coming...when she was born and I asked "Well, what did we have?" He said, "A little girl!" (with awe) and I replied, "Pink!!" Anyway, Chels loves her big bed and has only fallen out once!

The butterflies were a way to 'decorate' non-permanently and make her room a bit more exciting :) Gotta love my Slice and scrap paper box!


And then there's the table...before - a garage sale find worth $2. When we had our garage sale last year, our first customer was hoping to buy it from me. I had bought it a week earlier, and wasn't ready to give it up, even though he offered me $5! So before...(actually, after I removed the Dora and princess stickers)...

And after some TLC, sandpaper time, spray paint and a new handle :)It all fits together for a cute little room ...

for a sweet little girl :)
Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Leanne O said...

all around a great job! I like your pink bedroom, Chels. Impressed with the scrap box decor, Leanne. I saw it online a few weeks back but I couldn't see myself doing it. Looks really good.

Brody and Carolyn said...

Awww Chels, you're room is just right for a princess like you! I can't wait to see you again and maybe you can show me you're new room.
Love you Auntie Care

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job Leanne!! And your daughter is so cute!! She looks like a happy little girl!! Love you guys!!
ps give her a little hug from aunty Wilma

Michelle Vandepol said...

love the butterflies! great idea