bkgrnd

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Victoria Day part I

Victoria Day this year was special for us...often holidays pass without feeling like holidays, but this one did...We spent a beautiful morning at Harrison Lake with my sis-in-law and her kids...check out her blog for more pics and stories about her clan :) Here's a few of my shots for the morning (i took a lot!)

The first dip in the lake...
Some delighted splashing (look at the joy in her face!!)

Having cousins to play with and watch is a wonderful thing :)

The view was spectacular...Cara and I took a stroll to see the sailboat.

I was not the only one taking pictures (but I was definitely farther away!). These kids were delighting in the warm sunshine and cool water...
And meanwhile, closer to my chair on DRY land, was Cody...having a blast in the sand. Cara got a tad wet...and came to wipe her hands on the best thing - her mother's pants!

And my careful little lady only got minorly wet as shown, but by the look on her face, it was still fun :)
Watching... hilarious cousin/brother Cam who had just recovered from a wipeout face first into the water!

What would time at Harrison be without sand?!
And another visit to the water...

And a picnic lunch...enjoyed by all -

some even more than others...check out that licorice!! Yegh!
And another cousin showed up to join in the fray!
One of my faves :)
Another post to come sometime soon...our evening with Daddy!

1 comment:

Leanne O said...

You have some great pictures, Leanne. Chelsie was so enjoying that splashing!

I'll have to put a request in for some of these.

It was fun. Thanks for the invite.