bkgrnd

Monday, May 18, 2009

A holiday's hard work

Hoping your (holiday) Monday was a good one :) Ours has been busy so far. We spent the morning helping out at Mom M's with spring yard work - edging, trimming, weeding, cleaning out the shop, and washing lawn furniture...with most of the family helping, it turned into a fun morning.
The girls waiting for their wheelbarrow ride.

Swinging like monkeys!
"I'll help you, Papa."
Opa working hard...or hardly working?!
Hi Codes, how are you?
Edger ExtraordinaireChelsie with her friend, Mia.

Sam: "Hey, Auntie Leanne, how's it going over there?"
"Good, Sam, thanks for asking."
"I think I'll come help you out for a bit."
"Great Sam! Thanks!"
A few minutes later..."Hey Papa, how's it going over there? Almost done with those branches?" (He was looking forward to his ride in the wheelbarrow to keep the branches from falling out :)).
"Auntie Leanne, I'm a good helper, aren't I? You're doing a great job too."
"Yes, Sam, you're amazing! And thanks :D"
Such a sweet Sam!
A delicious BBQ hotdog lunch to finish our morning of work...

10 minutes after leaving...Whew, Mom, what a day! I'm exhausted :)

And it's back to work for me...thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leanne,
Loved this blog. Was so busy keeping everyone busy and doing my own end of the deal I didn't even get to see you guys all working. Love your Sam conversation!! It is priceless. Well the yard is beautiful and I really enjoyed the day also. Love mom

Cathy said...

looks like fun! If I didn't know any better, I would think that Opa Stout used to work for the city.....

Brody and Carolyn said...

Hi Sis, thanks for posting these pictures, and the little tidbits of stories that come through. I really was missing you guys yesterday. Can't wait to see you!

Kiwi Poppes said...

every things looks so pretty and bright ... oh spring is so pretty. what neat photos... thanks . make me feel a little closer to you guys seeing all the pictures every one puts up on the blogs.. love it and one time i'm ( we) are going to come over in person to check it out!! dreams are free :) but for now i just enjoy checking your blog. thanks for the updates . love from down here