bkgrnd

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picnics and sunshine

Hello from a beautifully sunny day in BC! The sun is shining after a couple days of rain, and I'm very happy to see it again! Life has returned to it's normal business, keeping me hopping. Tuesday I made a dessert for Doorway, taught French in the afternoon, and served dinner to 6 plus Chelsie. A rousing game of Monopoly Deal with Willetta and John finished off the day. Wednesday was Doorway day and it was good to be back. I enjoy the fellowship of my friends there as we prepare a meal for the moms and kids in the program. In the afternoon, Chelsie got her 18 month shots and then it was 2.5 hours of math tutoring - cosine or sine anyone?! After dinner, I had a good laugh. Brian had left with the Envoy so I decided to sweep the garage. Chelsie joined me in walking back and forth, up and down the front steps, etc. I was busy in the closet for a few minutes and decided to check on her. She was talking to herself, and I found her sitting in her stroller...a little hint for me! So off we went for a walk :)
Today I was looking forward to a day at home together with my sweet pea and that's what it's been :). After I worked for a couple of hours on French, we enjoyed a hotdog picnic lunch on the lawn. She was a little puzzled with the whole experience, but thoroughly enjoyed it too. She went inside and pointed to her high chair - dat! - as in, Mom, I need to eat in that chair! When I informed her we'd sit on the grass, she happily marched outside again :) She also wasn't too impressed with her freezie dessert...she's never had one before and didn't understand that it's good to eat! A couple of pics for you.Now I'm off to set up the sprinkler in the garden, plant some flowers, mow the lawn and get some more done before dinner and Bible study tonight. Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

Leanne O said...

Hi Chelsie,

I want hotdogs at your park!

Love, Sam

Willetta Les said...

Chelsie,
Auntie is amazed how fast you're growing! You know how to tell Mommy all kinds of things now, eh!?!?
Kisses from auntie Willy