A few things from the last few days. Doorway was exciting on Wednesday - a camerawoman from shaw came and took footage of us doing our weekly thing. I was really struck this week by what wonderful people are helping out there every week - what a special way to meet new people, make new friends, and do a service to other, all at once :) For those curious, we had apple crisp this week. Next Wednesday I get to make dessert again and it's April Fool's Day...hee hee hee...see me rubbing my hands together? Any ideas?
Tuesday night I went to a card workshop in Langley - a workshop because it was technique based. We learned how to do various things with glitter. I'm not a hugely glittery person, but I learned a bit and had fun doing it :)
Yesterday was a good day in that we slept in but still got a lot accomplished. Think 6 loads of laundry (Doorway contributed 2), cleaning up the house, cleaning the kitchen, washing the sheets and hanging them on the line, etc, etc. What a good feeling! An evening with my husband was nice too :) We had a good laugh as he pulled out some marshmallows for Chelsie, placed 2 chairs just far enough apart that she couldn't reach both of them at once and 'made' her walk between them to get the next marshmallow treat! What a tease :) It was pretty funny to watch.
I have to add this picture, which was taken half-way through typing this post. Chelsie was standing under the desk, then sat down to read her book. My legs got to share their space with the little monkey :)
Anyways, I'm hoping the weather will hold out so we can go for a walk and enjoy 'spring'. Hope your Friday is fabulous!
Yesterday was a good day in that we slept in but still got a lot accomplished. Think 6 loads of laundry (Doorway contributed 2), cleaning up the house, cleaning the kitchen, washing the sheets and hanging them on the line, etc, etc. What a good feeling! An evening with my husband was nice too :) We had a good laugh as he pulled out some marshmallows for Chelsie, placed 2 chairs just far enough apart that she couldn't reach both of them at once and 'made' her walk between them to get the next marshmallow treat! What a tease :) It was pretty funny to watch.
I have to add this picture, which was taken half-way through typing this post. Chelsie was standing under the desk, then sat down to read her book. My legs got to share their space with the little monkey :)
No comments:
Post a Comment