bkgrnd

Friday, March 6, 2009

Playgrounds and puppies

Chelsie! Hey Chels, look at Mommy! Over here! Hey! Yoo hoo! Peek a ...boo!

[No reaction at all, probably thinking...Moooooooom,
I'm watching that little boy - he's nice, hey? or Mom, can't you tell I'm checking out the puppies?...]

Chels! Can you say 'cheese'? Smile at Mommy!


[Fine...I'll smile so that I can go back to enjoying my life. CHEESE!]

Yes, this was our
day :). We enjoyed some time at Mill Lake this morning before heading to Costcto. Chelsie quite enjoyed crawling and walking around on the train in the playground. She also made a friend and played beside him for a few minutes. Yet she also gave me a sweet smile after the coaxing turned into 'say cheese'.

I enjoyed the walk, the BEAUTIFUL sunshine, and even taking some pictures of a double-crested cormorant and a coot.
Yes, that is a BIRD picture you see on my blog! Surprise ;) I do enjoy looking for birds that I might not see every day. I'm actually seriously considering buying a Sibley's for my own use.



Anyways, after Costco (I picked up 9 double page layouts - yay!) and a good nap for the little girl, we headed out again. We both got a haircut, then stopped to see Daddy AND the puppies at Hylkema's. Big hit. When we saw Ruby's last set of pups, Chelsie didn't really appreciate them quite like she did this time. She was thrilled to see these balls of fur wiggling around her, and she petted them (Gently, Chels!) and even kissed one :). Too cute. John says, "So did you pick which one you want?" We'll see about that, John!














We also ch
ecked out some brand new calves, but they weren't quite brave enough to check us out in return. Brian's favourite though - sharing the farm life with his daughter!


Just a thought: I don't edit any pictures for this blog...they're SOOC (straight out of the camera).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics! What is SOOC? We should go to Mill Lake together sometime! My kids love it there also! Especially, the playground with the train!

Brody and Carolyn said...

These are great photos Leanne. I can just well imagine that this made Brian's day :)
Love you and see you soon :)