bkgrnd

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quiet days among busy ones

Another Thursday already, and a quiet morning so far. Yesterday and Tuesday were both busy days, so quiet days like today are a nice treat. Tuesday I taught and Leanne O was special to offer to take Chelsie when we learned Michelle was sick - hope you're feeling 100% by now, Michelle! Grandpa picked up Chelsie around noon and she enjoyed a couple of hours with my parents before they headed off to Holland yesterday. Then yesterday we spent the morning at Sardis Doorway. It was my week to make dessert but because I taught on Tuesday, I made it yesterday while we prepared lunch. Gotta love the easy crazy cake recipe! It was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Each time I go to Doorway I feel blessed to be part of such a special group of ladies and men helping out the moms who come each week. The baking it also fun - a good way to use my love of baking without eating it all myself ;). I always come home on Wednesday's exhausted from (a) running around all morning at full tilt getting the meal ready and (b) eating a large and very delicious lunch of a hot dish, bread or bun, salad, and dessert. YUM! When I came home, I found a message about tutoring, so at 4:00 I opened the door to 2 cousins. Chelsie loves it when they're there just because it's different! When Dustin was finished his Math, he quite enjoyed reading a book with her. Enjoy this cute picture!

So, back to today. This morning we were privileged to talk to Mom and Dad on Skype. They arrived safely in Holland and it was almost time for bed there. Mom had never tried Skype before, so she was quite delighted to see Chelsie pointing excitedly at Grandpa, winking at her, clapping her hands, and reading her book...all while we were here in Canada and they were far across the ocean! Technology is a wonderful thing! Tomorrow they have a busy day with Willem's wedding - they met his fiance today.
Very exciting :) This afternoon things will be busier, but I'm looking forward to it. Leanne's bringing over 3 (or more) of her kids to enjoy some time here as she does some errands/work elsewhere. Should be fun...maybe we'll bake and decorate cookies or cupcakes - always a hit! Anyways, thanks for reading. Enjoy the couple of pictures of Chelsie this morning. She was thrilled that I brought home a couple of green necklaces from our (very well done) green theme splurge night on Monday. Yes, she's definitely a girly girl!

4 comments:

Willetta Les said...

auntie is happy you're playing with the necklaces, Chels! you look pretty!

Leanne O said...

Cupcakes are fantastic, Leanne. I will not admit how many I've already eaten!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of Dustin & Chelsie! Very cute! And glad to see Chelsie is having so much fun being a girl! Rachel loves to play with her jewellery too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leanne,

Love reading your blog. Makes me feel like I am not too far away :) Chelsie looks way older than when we saw her last and that was only 2weeks ago! Will have to get together to make 'cupcakes' when we return.