bkgrnd

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The everyday life

I've discovered that having a blog helps me take more pictures of everyday things, and it also gets my pictures on the computer faster as I need them to tell what's going on! Good things come from this blog, I tell you!
So anyways, a couple of things from the past few days. Yesterday I went to my Mom's for a few hours. Chelsie had a nap while I spring cleaned...Mom and Dad weren't home - they were flying back from Holland. From there we went to Leanne O's and enjoyed some Uno, Ice cream, snuggles and gezelligite (is that a word?!). Sam has his own idea of how I should use my cards in Uno, down to choosing what colour I should pick on a change the colour :) Funny! From there we came home to make supper and discovered that the power was out. No casserole for us. Instead we headed out to White Spot for a disappointing supper which, thanks to a kindly manager, turned out to be free! [Long story short, we waited almost an hour to receive food that had been under the warming lamp for awhile]. We weren't looking for a handout, but we did want them to know we weren't impressed.
Returning home, the power was still out. Brian headed back out to the RV show to order a new awning for the tent trailer. Chelsie and I got dressed warmly for bed, but had to take a couple of fun pictures before climbing in :) It's quite hard to take pics in the dark, but there turned out neat! The power returned at 3 am, so it was out for at least 12 hours! All of this thanks to the wind :)
Today we had a beautiful day - despite the frost in the morning, it finally felt like spring! So much so that I opened the windows and doors, let a few flies in, cleaned the garage and the Envoy, and even washed the hardwood! All of this occurred in the afternoon. Brian washed the Envoy and sheeted my garden shed at the back of his shop - it's great to see his shop coming together so nicely! He made me a nice potting bench and some shelves for pots and my gardening stuff :) Looking forward to doing some organizing now that I have a proper location for some of those things.
Chelsie enjoyed some time outside, a wagon trip courtesy of Brian,
a change of shirt due to the state of some of the backyard, and

-her favorite- even some time in the mud - it is WAY more fun
than the toys you brought out, Mom!
The morning was spent together as a family (always special)...visiting the travel agent (which got us nowhere), phoning a different travel agent (which got our China tickets put on hold until Monday when hopefully all will be verified), stopping to see the puppies at John Hylkema's (they're still really cute!) and welcoming Mom and Dad home from Holland. Mom was at home and was very happy to see us walk in the door. Dad was at his Saturday open house and was thrilled to see us drive up :) Between the visits, we made a stop for Brian at a farm...Brian headed inside to talk to someone about metal prices and Chelsie and I waited...3 cows stood directly in front of the vehicle and watched us placidly. "Cows," says my sweet talkative daughter. WHAT? You know that word too! Wow! Seriously, it seems like a new word every day. "What does a cow say, Chels?" "Boooooooooooooo," she declares :) Too too too cute. Gotta love her! (I know I do - a WHOLE lot!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the flashlight pictures and the ones of Chelsie playing in the mud :)love Melis

Anonymous said...

those flashlight pictures need framing-they are so cute!! and the one of her on her knees-they always seem to like mud more than toys!!LOL